The incumbent plans, organizes, directs and controls all daily management, planning and organizational operations for the proper functioning of an elderly residential housing complex of 25 housing units.
Specifically, the manager;
- Under the authority of the board of directors
- Attends board meetings
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls all operations resulting from the proper functioning of the residence
- Prepare and present reports to members of the board of directors and to the United Counties of Prescott/Russell (UCPR)
- Participate in the development of the annual budget
- Manage budgets
- Performs any other tasks required to maintain the quality standards established by the organization
- Ensures compliance with the emergency measures plan
- Delegate maintenance tasks
- Ensures the quality of life of each resident
- Is able to communicate and work with older people
- Establishes and maintains a relationship of equitable trust with residents and their families
- Enforce hygiene, safety and civic rules among residents
- Receives, processes and follows up on complaints
- Intervenes in conflict situations between employees, residents and/or families of residents
- Plan lease renewals
- Collect the rent
- Is responsible for accounting and correspondence
- Conduct interviews with potential tenants
- Draft rental leases
College degree or related experience
Has experience (5 years minimum) in administration and accounting of a similar organization
Significant experience in managing a residence for the elderly
Significant experience in rental property management
Must plans, organizes, directs and controls all daily management, planning and organizational operations for the proper functioning of an elderly residential housing complex of 25 housing units.
Schedule meetings with the board of directors and record all records of decisions made at these meetings.
Be familiar with rental law in Ontario and be familiar with the legal documents governing Ontario non-profit organizations.